The root of the lotus flower is now one of the most sought after aquatic plant that belongs to the Nelumbonaceae family. Through time, the demand for lotus root is increasing not only to boost culinary diversity but also for health purposes. There have been solid studies and research that proves that lotus root is a rich source of vitamins and minerals that can optimize the body’s functions. Originated in Asia, lotus root become a vital part in the food and health industries for over thousands of years. Aside from that, lotus root has also become part of the religious and cultural practices in specific areas of Asia.
Lotus root is embraced by the Asian food industry. It has a very delightful and pleasing taste that it is used as ingredients for many Asian cuisines. Lotus root tea is also adored not only by the Asians. The role of lotus root currently in food and lifestyle is very diverse. To know more about this vegetable, below are some facts about lotus root that will fascinate you.
- When it comes to richness in Vitamin C content, lotus root is very impressive. Lotus root is infused with high levels of Vitamin C that a hundred grams intake can fill up almost 80% of the daily Vitamin C requirement of the body. Vitamin C is the most powerful antioxidant of all. This Vitamin is needed by the body to defend itself from harmful bacteria that can lead to illnesses. Aside from the inevitable tastiness of lotus root, your stomach is not the only one happy but your health as well.
- Indulging with lotus root can also help in losing weight. We all know how difficult it is to lose weight. It takes commitment and sacrifices to successfully achieve the weight you desire for yourself. Lotus root is very low in calorie yet very high in fiber and other nutrients that the body needs. This is the type of food that you must add in your daily diet if you want to healthily and effectively lose weight.
- Because of its richness in fiber, lotus root is also able to aid proper digestion. If you are always attacked by indigestion and other digestion problems, you can make a simple lotus root tea. Lotus root tea is very common in preventing and solving digestion issues such as constipation and gastrointestinal problems.
- Lotus root is also proven to have a positive effect on your psychological stability. Lotus root tea is very popular to stabilize and improve mood. Because lotus root has high levels of Vitamin B properties, it contributes to the human body and mental state wellness. It has also been proven that it can help prevent cases such as depression, insomnia, and anxiety.
- Lotus root consumption is also very ideal when it comes to normalizing blood pressure. Because it is concentrated with potassium at the same time very low in sodium, it can create balance in the circulation of blood in the body. This food is ideal for those who have cardiovascular issues.
Do you know you can order organic lotus root tea, powder form, dried etc. on Amazon?
Lazy to eat healthily: Why not invest in a good multivitamin instead?