One of the favorite thirst quenching drinks during summer is honeydew lemon. Honeydew lemon is adored by many individuals across the globe. It has a very sweet, refreshing, and delightful taste that makes everyone crave for more. In fact, in all of the melon family, honeydew has the sweetest and the most succulent taste. Coming from the melon family, honeydew is one of the rarest. It is seldom found in the grocery stores. This specific type of melon has a light yellow skin with green pastel flesh. This fruit originated from France and Algeria and the more it was introduced to other nations, the more it became highly demanded.
If you are not very familiar with honeydew melon, below are some amazing facts about this thirst quenching fruit.
- What’s very fascinating about this fruits is that it has a very sweet taste but it contains zero fat and cholesterol. This is ideal to those who are trying to lose weight. You can spoil your sweet tooth without worrying that you will get fat. If you are trying to get in shape, consumption of honeydew melon will cause no harm.
- Honeydew melon is very rich in essential vitamins and nutrients needed by the body. It has been proven that honeydew melon is a great source of Vitamin C, Copper, Potassium, B Vitamins, Niacin and Thiamine. These vitamins and minerals are very significant for the body to function at its optimum. This concludes that regular consumption of honeydew melon can boost overall health.
- Intake of honeydew melon also helps in aiding proper digestion. Honeydew melon is infused with fiber that keeps the digestive system functioning accordingly. This will pave away indigestion and other digestive issues such as constipation.
- The best way to eat honeydew melon is when raw. Its natural sweetness and juiciness will surely delight your palate. You can make a shake out of the raw honeydew. You can also use honeydew as ingredients to your dishes. You can experiment with honeydew in cooking different dishes.
- Did you know that in Southeast Asia, honeydew is commonly called Wallace or Bailan melon? In the early 1940s when President Wallace visited China, he gave out melon seeds. This event introduced honeydew to China.
- Honeydew takes so much time to ripen. For the best honeydew in terms of taste, it is advised to pick the fruit before it gets fully matured. The short period before a honeydew is fully matured is the time that its sugar content is at its highest.
- Regular consumption of honeydew melon is good for the heart. Because this fruit is rich in potassium, it assures that the heart is beating optimally. It helps in keeping your blood pressure in its normal condition.
- In buying honeydew, choose the type that is waxy and weighty. Waxy signifies that the fruit is fresh while weighty indicates that it is juicy.
Do you know you can buy honeydew melon seeds directly from Amazon?
Lazy to eat healthily: Why not invest in a good multivitamin instead?
Appreciate Goods is all about sharing greatness, inspiring people and reminding readers to appreciate the little things. In short, we are all about spreading positivity. We live and breathe to make this world a better place to be in.